The Home Shopping Process has changed due to Covid-19
With the state of emergency on until the end of June 2020, the way we view homes has changed dramatically. Its for everyones safety and minimizing the spread of the virus. Let me set out for you some of the new protocols in place.
*A Covid-19 waiver form must be signed prior to being allowed into a home to view. It confirms that anyone entering a home has not knowingly been exposed to anyone with Covid in the last 3 weeks, you are currently not ill or showing any symptoms, you are not working with Covid-19 patients and that you have not travelled in the last 21 days.
*It will be recommended that only the bare number of people/decision makers attend the showing. Keep children home if possible.
*Review closely all available materials on the properties you are interested in prior to scheduling an appointment. Let’s make sure its a shortlisted property and one of high interest to you.
*We will be asked to minimize any touching within a property, the listing agent or buyer agent will open as many doors, cupboards as possible on your behalf so you can view interior or rooms/closets, etc.
*You will be required to sanitize hands and/or wear gloves and you will be required to wear a mask.
In addition to the above:
As your real estate agent, my most important job is to make the home shopping process pleasant and rewarding for you.
I do that in a number of ways.
I regularly recommend properties for viewing that closely match your needs and wants, and are within your price range. That spares you the frustration of visiting homes that aren’t suitable.
I make sure you don’t miss opportunities. When a desirable property suddenly comes on the market, you’re alerted.
I help you schedule viewings that fit your schedule, so there’s little if any inconvenience for you.
Before you view a property, I provide you with in-depth details on the home, so you can make an informed decision. This includes closing dates, market value, and more. Later, if you have questions, I get the answers for you.
I also give you the scoop on the neighbourhood, so you get a clear sense of what an area is like in terms of lifestyle, safety, schools, etc. You can count on me to steer you away from undesirable areas, and point out only those I suspect you’d like.
When you find a property you like, I give you my honest, professional recommendation as to how well the home meets your needs and wants. You won’t have to make such an important decision without my expert advice.
As your real estate agent, I’m committed to getting you into the right home, and I’m with you every step of the way.
What to Look for when Viewing a Property
Here are a few questions and ideas to consider when viewing homes to help make the process easier and more productive:
- Does the home have your “needs” features (those features you must have)? (For example, number of bedrooms, closet space, kitchen size, etc.)
- Does the home have any of your “wants” features (those features you’d like to have but would be willing to forgo)? (For example, large backyard deck, spacious family room, etc.)
- What is the general condition of the home? (Are there signs that the owners have kept up with repairs and maintenance?)
- Will the home need any major repairs, remodeling or renovations? Is there anything, such as the furnace, that may need to be replaced soon?
- What do you like most about the home?
- Is there anything about the home you don’t like? Can that be changed with a remodeling or renovation now or in the future?
- Take a walk around the neighbourhood. Are the homes well-kept, indicating pride of ownership?
- Do you like where the home is situated in the neighbourhood?
- Does the neighbourhood have what you want? (For example, access to public transit, shopping, local parks, etc.)
Viewing properties should never be a frustrating ordeal. It’s my job to help make the process easy and productive for you, so you can find the home you want.
Ready to get started? Call or email and let me know more about the kind of home you’re looking for. Or, submit the form below and I’ll get back to you.